Explore how play and positivity can help you develop a more collaborative relationship with your children
Create more honest and truthful connections with your your children through exploring the art and fundamental skills of comedic improvisation with Zach Ward. In this course, Zach makes it easy to quickly assess obstacles and creatively engage with your child in any situation. You will be able to help and support your child learn critical skills (while re-learning them yourself through the lens of improv) like listening, physical and verbal communication, teamwork, brainstorming and problem solving.
Course Length: 8 hours
- Understand the power of the word YES
- Discovering the impact of active & reflective listening
- The benefits of repetition and contrast in framing language,
- Understanding long-term effect of play, presence and creating a space unconditional support.
- Learning to not fear outbursts and demands, and develop a healthy resiliency to children who are simply testing and solidifying boundaries
- 4 one-hour video lectures
- Games and challenges to try out with your child
- Additional resources to stay inspired and connected
LESSON ONE: YES
- Embrace uncertainty! Say yes.
- Lead the witness and play with them.
LESSON TWO: LISTENING
- Listen to understand for NOW.
- Listen to understand for later, the next NOW.
LESSON THREE: IMAGINATION
- Rituals of parent-child play
- Build consistency with low stakes
LESSON FOUR: EVERYONE WINS
- Mindfulness generates Calm. Calm parents are Happy Parents.
- Happy parents are more playful parents. Kids WIN. Happy parents are unlikely to need adult outlets for negativity. Partners WIN.
- Happy parents have energy and act with positive focus. Employers and co-workers WIN.