Because I’m Happy: Pursuing the Art of Happiness as if Your Life Depended On It (because it does)
Join Where is My Guru’s founder Jessica Durivage in a course on the art and science of happiness. Dive into the science behind happiness, learn how happiness is defined by other cultures around the world and gain new tools and practices to understand how happiness IS who you are at your deepest core level.
There exists a way of being that can embrace all the joys and sorrows that come to us, a way so deep that nothing can change it. It’s this infinite well of calm that fuels lasting fulfillment and boundless contentment.
Explore happiness through the lens of science and spirituality, through cultures and societies and most of all through the lens of your own experience.
Course Length: 4 hours
- A “new” definition of happiness
- Scientific evidence based studies that support the role happiness plays in your life, your relationships, well being and your connection to spirit/source
- Practical tools to measure the amount of “happy” in your life – what connects you more deeply to it as well as what separates you from it.
- Practices to encourage, uncover and discover the happiness that already exists in your own life as well as create the conditions to open it up for more.
- Introduction to the friends of happiness: mindfulness, presence, awareness and gratitude
- 4 one-hour video lectures
- Interviews with special guests and experts on happiness
- 4 creative exercises
- 4 meditations
- Additional articles, videos and audio
LESSON ONE: Is Happiness the purpose of life?
- Redefining HAPPY
- Let’s get down to science
- Culture of busy creates separation
LESSON TWO: It’s all a part of it
- False Friends (it’s not what you think)
- The truth about pain and suffering, because someone has to tell you
- Ego vs True Nature: how to make peace in the ultimate battle
LESSON THREE: Time is on your side
- Your most valuable commodity
- “I don’t have enough time” and other lies we tell ourselves
- One with the flow
LESSON FOUR: Because LIFE depends on it
- It’s not about you
- Paying it forward
- The path ahead
- Because I’m Happy
Jessica Durivage is the founder of Where is My Guru (YOU ARE HERE), an intimate in- person and virtual learning center for spiritual, personal and professional development. Her passion for inclusive experiences while seeking to find, speak and live her own truth have led her into countless of amazing collaborations, opportunities and adventures. She is known through her interview style, yoga teaching and writing for her mindful, practical and humorous approach to life and practice. Her writing has been published in Mantra Yoga + Health Magazine, Origin Magazine, Rebelle Society and Elephant Journal. Her greatest accomplishments are her amazing children, Ellis Roy and LeeAnn Michelle. You can find her heart in whole bits and pieces strewn around this site.